BKS Uni is a medial fixed-bearing partial knee replacement system designed to preserve bone, simplify surgical technique and leverage the clinical heritage of the Balanced Knee® System. BKS Uni allows intraoperative adjustments to enable precise and balanced treatment of unicompartmental knee arthritis.
BKS Uni is engineered with a primary focus on bone preservation. The system features sophisticated instrumentation designed to prevent over-resection, including a medialized keel placement, single peg tibial trays for smaller sizes and a multi-radius femoral component.
• Bone-sparing philosophy designed to prevent over-resection
• Medialized keel to reduce stress-risers at the tibial bone cut junction
• Single peg tibial trays for small sizes (1-2)
• Multi-radius femoral component mimics natural anatomy
BKS Uni—simplicity by design for enhanced efficiency. The BKS Unicompartmental knee system encompasses universal implant compatibility, multiple instrument choices and streamlined instrument trays.
• Reproducible surgical technique
• Infinite compatibility – mix and match any size femoral and tibial component
• Intuitive instrumentation accommodates surgeon preference
• Tibial tray designed to simplify final polyethylene insertion
• Two instrumentation trays streamline hospital and ASC workflow
BKS Uni features a femoral articular surface adapted from the clinically successful Balanced Knee® System, a locking mechanism with full peripheral rail and locking tab, and an E-Vitalize polyethylene insert proven to maximize wear performance and resist oxidation.
• Femoral articular surface adapted from the clinically successful Balanced Knee System
• Tibial tray locking mechanism built upon BKS full peripheral rail and locking tab
• E-Vitalize polyethylene proven to maximize wear performance and help resist oxidation
8 femoral component sizes
All femoral component sizes compatible with all tibial component sizes
Bone preserving condyle thickness (equal distal/posterior)
Articular surface adapted from BKS
Cobalt Chrome (Co-Cr) femoral component
7 tibial tray sizes
All tibial component sizes compatible with all femoral component sizes
Tibial tray locking mechanism built upon BKS full peripheral rail and locking tab
Titanium (Ti6Al4V) tibial tray
7 tibial insert sizes offered in 1 mm increments from 6 mm – 11 mm
GUR 1020, Compression Molded, 7.5 Mrads
E-Vitalize Vitamin E Polyethylene